domingo, 25 de maio de 2008

Matthew Fox - Interview!!!

Lost star Matthew Fox reveals his wife thinks he's sexy in leather
By Olivia Skye 16/05/2008


The hunky Lost star, 41, on his heart-throb status, life on the island, getting saucy in leather, being rubbish at romance, and why he has a very big secret to keep.
You are often on ‘Sexiest man alive’ lists. How does that feel?

Matthew Fox: It feels like it’s happening to someone else. I mean I just go to work and I’m doing the thing I love to do.

Are the tattoos (chinese symbols, among other things) on your arms real, or are they make-up?
MF: No, these are all mine. I’ve had them for a while, but they usually cover them up for the show.

You live and work in Hawaii – how lucky are you?
MF: I’ve never really been a beach paradise kinda guy. I’m more of a mountain person, so it’s been amazing and we’re enjoying it. It’s been a welcome change for us to get the kids away from the bigger city. They’re in a really good school and they’re making great friends, but it’s not a place I’d want to live in for the rest of my life. I just need bigger horizons, mountains, and I really miss four seasons of weather.

So what’s happening on Lost?
MF: We’re going to catch up with the flash forwards this year and then it’s going to be really interesting to see how time is structured in season five. But we will have closed on two points – the finale of last year where you had that juxtaposition of Jack on the island feeling like he’d finally accomplished a rescue, and this future where he’s desperate and at the pit of despair and he feels like he has to go back. We will eventually be back in the present.

Apparently, you’re the only actor on Lost who knows how the series will end. Is it tough keeping it a secret from your cast mates?
MF: Yes, it’s true. They understand I can’t talk about it, but sometimes they’ll ask hoping I’ll just blurt it out. Besides, having a secret is fun.

How do you pass the time on set?
MF: I play chess against the computer a lot. When I’m shooting in Hawaii, there’s a coffee shop not far from me and I have friends there now, who I’ve made over the game of chess. I go there a couple of mornings a week and we’ll play chess. It’s the greatest game.

You’re currently in the new flick Speed Racer. Were you a fan of the original cartoon as a kid?
MF: No. I never saw it. I grew up in a household where we didn’t really watch television. So the first step was watching a bunch of the episodes and getting a feel for what made that series so cultish and beloved in the 1960s.

Do you feel sexy wearing Racer X’s leather suit?
MF: Yeah. It’s pretty sexy. I think my wife thought so! The minute the mask dropped over my face people would change around me. It’s amazing because they can’t see your eyes and you can really manipulate that. You can mess with them in a big way.

Do you still have it?
MF: No, that would be really funny wouldn’t it? If I was wearing that around my house on the weekends.

What did your kids Kyle, 11 and Byron, six, think of your costume?
MF: They thought it was cool. They were sitting on the set, which was huge and I’ll never forget their faces when I walked in wearing the full gear. They both turned and did this double-take and went: ‘Daddy?’ So I’m like, ‘Yeah it’s me, don’t worry, it’s just me.’ When I walked on set to do a scene, my little boy turned to my wife, and said: ‘I want to be Racer X for Halloween next year.’

Have they seen your action figure?
MF: Yes, my sons might have been the first little boys to have a Racer X action figure. I’m cool in their eyes right now which is a pretty great feeling.

How does someone who grew up not watchingTV become such a big TV actor?
MF: My parents weren’t really anti-television. They were just pro-books. That’s the sort of thing my wife and I are trying to do with our kids too. We let them watch a little TV, and we certainly encourage movies. Movies are my favourite thing in the world. Nothing is more exciting than sitting in a cinema, waiting for the lights to dim to watch a movie I can’t wait to see. The kids can watch some shows like the ones on Disney, but I also think it’s really important for them to develop their own imaginations to entertain themselves.

Why do you think you’ve been so successful?
MF: I think luck and timing are, without question, a big part of my success in this business. But I would also say I don’t think there are too many actors in Hollywood who have done three pilots which have all aired on TV, with two of them continuing for six years. There’s a phrase that luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. So I’m going to take some of the credit for it.


Are your kids aware their daddy is a big star?
MF: I don’t know what a big star means. I guess people at school make a little bit of a thing about it, but I don’t think they’re really that conscious of it.

Would you like to have more kids?
MF: Every now and then I think about having another one, and then my wife says, ‘Absolutely not’.

Are you a romantic guy?
MF: On a romantic scale of 1 to 10, I’m probably like a 3. I’m not mushy about all of that stuff.

Some of your cast mates in Lost have got in trouble for speeding. Were you ever a speeder?
MF: Yeah, I enjoy driving fast. I’ve just been lucky not to have been caught. That’s the running joke – if you get pulled over by the cops, you get killed off in the show.

Do you ever get road rage?
MF: No. I’ve always really enjoyed driving. I grew up in Wyoming where the roads are really open. There’s not a lot of traffic. There are speed limits, but there’s not a lot of enforcement of those speed limits. It’s always been that sense of freedom which I enjoy.

How are you going to spend your summer?
MF: Well, for me, it’s been two years pretty much nonstop work with no vacation. So, I’m going to spend a lot of time with the kids and my other immediate family members and friends – just people I really love. Basically, I’m going to spend a lot of time doing nothing, just hanging out.

MATTHEW’S REALITY CHECK

Have you ever said ‘Don’t you know who I am?’
MF:No, I don’t believe I have. I don’t want people to know who I am.

When was the last time you ate a Big Mac?
MF:I’m not big on fast food. I eat quite healthy, so probably never.

How much does a pint of milk cost?
MF:Well, I must be a movie star because I have no idea!

What car do you drive?
MF:I just have a little Acura that I zip around the island on.

Do you recycle?
MK:Yes and no. Someone else actually does all of that for me.

Have you ever said ‘Don’t you know who I am?’
MF:No, I don’t believe I have. I don’t want people to know who I am.


Fonte: Sunday Mirror UK


PS: So agora a mulher dele entendeu que esse homem e SeXy????

Nenhum comentário: